PB&J, cookies and milk, french fries and ranch dressing (anyone with me on this one?). Some things are just better together, like Glass updates and MyGlass. This week we’re introducing new features for the Android MyGlass app, which is coming later this week. Below is a sneak peek at what you’ll see when you update, and you can find the Release Notes here.
- Share Places from Maps to Glass (requires Android MyGlass 3.0) - Remember when you could look up a destination on your phone, then send it to Glass to get directions? Ok, maybe you weren’t an Explorer yet. For those who were, remember how sad it was when you couldn’t do that anymore? Well, guess what? It’s baaaaaccckkk! It’s really easy, too.
- Open Google Maps on Android
- Search for an address or Place
- Select “Share” and then choose “Glass”
- Glass will receive the directions and start navigation
- Streamlined MyGlass Android app - The MyGlass Android app has undergone a little spring cleaning. There are a couple cool things to note. You can now use MyGlass to enter Wi-Fi passwords - no QR code necessary. We’ve also got a new layout:
Both the Glass update and also the new MyGlass Android app will be rolling out over the next few days. Let us know in the comments what you think.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.